Well I’ve update the back-end software for this blog and this is the first time I’ve had any visible trouble/problems with the upgrade process. Before I did any upgrading I backup the db and the files that I had. Though I had trouble uploading to the wrong place, got everything working – generally again.
Then I had trouble with the sidebar for the theme that I was using when I upgraded, tried to revert to the default sidebar and that didn’t work. Then I tried the default theme that came with the wordpress install and the css wasn’t even work, so then I tried the classic theme and that works.
While I had this trouble all I thought and dreading is the fact that I might have downgrade to the version that I’ve been using. Which I didn’t want to do. This also showed me that I need to change hosting company and register for my site. The hosting company and domain register are one in the same but I won’t name the company here.
Anyway, I don’t know if I would be doing anything anytime soon. The last time I did promise something major I didn’t deliver on that promise, which sucks big time.
I think the main problem now is that I’m starting to have (very) early trouble with my hosting company, but my problem is that I don’t know which hosting and such to transfer to or how to do what I need to – if you could understand what I just said. One thing that I should do is to go through the plugins and themes that I’m not using anymore or if at all. Well that could be said for the rest of the site.
bye for now…